Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

I need to APPLY!

I'm a procrastinator... Making big decisions is not really my thing so I tend to wait till the last minute. For example, I haven't decided if I want to go to do my MS until my last semester as an undergrad.

Similarly, I'm two semesters away from a Masters and I still don't know if I want to continue my education. I think I do want to get a PHD but I still don't have this crystal clarity of mind that comes about only when you make decisions the last minute.

But I think the last minute is here already. I just talked to one of my professors and he told me that if I want to get to a decent school I need to start applying now. Crap!

I don't even know where to go... Who has good CS programs around here? I definitely want to stay local, but I have no clue which schools are good and which suck. I spent the past 5 years of my life here at MSU. I would do a PHD here, but we don't even have a CS PHD program here. I figured I'll sort all of this out next semester - but it seems like I might need to start now.

Of course if I fuck this up and apply to late, I can always take a semester/year off and try looking for a job in the industry. Sigh... I'm confused...

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Sep 17, 10:44:00 PM, Blogger Luke said…

    Yeah, I do realize that some (most?) of the stuff they teach us in classes is crap. But I do enjoy academic life.

    I enjoy learning new things, and being a student allows me to be a slacker, procrastinator and a lazy bum without impacting my ability to be successful at what I do :)

    And it would be pretty sweet to attach a PHD to my name :)

    Thanks for the advice :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home