Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Google Braille Logo

Terminally Incoherent in Braille
It seems that Google decided to spell out it's logo in braille alphabet to commemorate the birthday of Luis Braille. I found it an interesting idea. Hell, now I know how to read the letters g,o,l and e! But when I was checking out various google related newsgroups to see if I can find any info on the strange Google Blog Search errors I found allot of angry posts. Apparently some people were really offended by the logo.

How retarded do you have to be to get offended by this? What is so offensive about trying to expand public awareness about braille alphabet? Who in their right mind would look at that logo and think "Damn! Google is making fund of the blind people! I need to post an angry rant to their usenet group!"

Let me ask you this - if the google logo offends you, do you think that online braille tutorials are also wrong? After all, blind people can't really use them so they must be some kind of a sick joke, right? Geez... I think that the loudest, most vocal complainers are probably also the most ignorant and bigoted individuals themselves.

I don't want to play the role of Google apologist today - there are some things about that company that I don't like. But the logo is really nothing to get upset about. They are simply paying a homage to a man who really did something great for the blind community.

Update Wed, January 04 2006, 11:26 PM

In order to piss off some more idiots, and to have some fun, I created my own braille logo :) Check it out above! Braille translation curtsy of PBS Kids :P


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home