Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Apt-Get funbits

I was updating my knop/deb at work today and I stumbled upon an interesting bug...

Unpacking libntfs5 (from .../libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libntfs.so.5.0.0', which is also in package ntfsprogs
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb

It seems that I'm ntot the only one with this type of problem. And it seems to completely halt apt-get from doing anything but attempting to do that one installation. Fortunatley there is a quick solution - unpacking the damn libntfs5_1 library yourself:

dpkg -i --force-all /var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb

That worked for me... Hey - I'm learning... I'm still very much windoze user, although I'm working really hard to overcome that defficiency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home