Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Sunday, July 24, 2005

More people fired over blogs

Wow... I better keep my mouth shut about the students once I start teaching again. E-week reported that one guy got fired because he said a girl in his class was "incredibly hot" on a message board. Note - apparently no names were mentioned, or anything. Ack...

For me this seems I little bit to harsh. But then again I don't know the details of the case. E-Week people also don't seem to be able to distinguish between a blog and a message board... The site they link to is a discussion board! Which makes this even more crazy.

I could probably understand their concern if he was bragging about this in his personal blog (potentially linked from his own website that might be listed somewhere on the school site). But making this huge deal over a random post on a message board? Wow!

It just shows that if they are crazy about this kind off thing at your workplace, you should always post personal stuff anonymously, and register with throw away emails.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home