Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

What is Google waiting for? Feed the NEWS!

I have been waiting for Google News RSS feed for ages now. Visiting Yahoo gives me a rash, and I don't like their "human reviewed" news. I don't want them nasty editors touching my news! Yuck! I want the machine generated goodness of google news as a live bookmark on my toolbar. But no...

Google seems to be going in the totally opposite direction. They are sending cease and desist letters to people who generate RSS feeds by scraping their news site. Excuse me for rising my voice but...

ARE YOU PEOPLE RETARDED???

Is it really that hard to see that everyone wants a Google News RSS? We are all drooling even thinking about it! The whole internet has a collective boner for Google News RSS! How hard is it to add a single freakin script that generates ONE silly, little file? Apparently, not hard enough if you need to send people threatening letters to stop them from doing it for you.

Let me break this down for you:

  1. It's year 2005 - get with the freaking program!
  2. If it's news, it needs to be syndicated
  3. If it's not syndicated, I'm not reading it
  4. There is no such thing as home page anymore, as most browsers have session handling - hence syndication is even more essential

God, as much as I love Google they really piss me off sometimes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home