Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Wireless Woes and FedEx Foes

The wireless went down again at 9:45am today. Again... Just like every other freakin day. Whenever this happens, everyone in the office gets dropped and the SSID simply vanishes from the radar. You can't even see our network. My handy-dandy pocket wifi sniffer does detect a very strong signal somewhere but it's probably not ours...

I took a quick look out the window, and guess what? Fedex truck is standing right there - directly underneath my AP (only 1 floor down). As soon as he pulls out, my laptop finds the network again and reconnects. This is so bizarre... But it must be that stupid truck - there is just no other explanation.

I'm thinking about switching to another channel but I'm not sure if we're going to clash with someone else in the building. There is definitely way to much wifi flying in the air around here. You can almost hear the buzzing of the flying packets :P I need to figure out who is on what channel and how do I prevent the delivery guy from killing my network. I think I'll also try to catch him tomorrow and ask him to park the fucking truck away from my window.

I still can't believe that this is happening. I think I'm the only person in the world who is experiencing wireless issues because of fedex...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home