Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Books for Dummies

I stumbled upon this book while browsing around on amazon. I think the cover shown to the left here speaks for itself. If you actually need this book, you most definitely are a dummy!

I think the dummies books are a good thing in general. They are a great way to make an approachable, introduction to difficult subjects. They usually explain the jargon, and put difficult things in layman's terms. Someone who read a dummies book on HTML for example is now able to graduate to online tutorials, and can buy a fully fledged book on web design.

But this seems to be kindoff stretching it. Who needs a book on playing games? For me, part of the gaming experience is figuring out all the ins and outs of the game. I bet the author of this book had tons of fun writing it, but I'm really surprised it actually got published.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home