Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

DynDNS Unreliable?

Please explain this to me - why I can't access any webpages on DynDNS hosted subdomains (such as homelinux.org, ath.cx and etc..) from work? I'm sure it's not a firewall or web filter issue because I can access the pages just fine when I use the IP. But DNS lookup simply does not find these adresses. Why is that? I just can't figure this out.

The funniest thing is that my company has the static IP for the central server registered with DynDNS. Why am I having problems accessing the free generic subdomains from the same company?

I know I'm getting spidered by Google and I get hits from technorati every day so I'm just putting this question out there. Have you had accessibility issues with DynDNS?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home