Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Friday, July 15, 2005

Now I know why we use SourceJammer

I was wondering why did Davhal decide to use SourceJammer instead of just plain old cvs. I figured, more mature project probably would be more stable. Well, now I know why.

Have you ever tried moving directories around in a cvs tree? Believe me - it's not fun. Recently I realized that the package structure I created was absolutely retarded. I was dreading the day I will have to move all that stuff around. Today I decided to do a scouting run at it - you know, just to get a sense of how painful it is to move directories in sourcejammer. To my surprise, the procedure is completely painless! :)

All you need to do is to pull up the java-based client, highlight a folder, and then choose "Move" from the context menu. You specify destination, and you are done. All history is preserved, no pain, no crying! It's official! I really like sourcejammer!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home