Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Oh my... We are not the only people who love to sue!

I used to think that no other country in the world can come up with more ridiculous lawsuits than the litigiously minded citizens and residents of the good old US of A. I mean, it's nothing to be proud of but we do tend to sue for the silliest things.

Well, I stand corrected.

The Stupidest Lawsuit in the World award goes to.... France! [applause]

Apparently a French transportation company sued a group of cleaning ladies for carpooling on the grounds of creating unfair competition for their bus line. I know - I had to read it twice to believe it too. Next to this stuff, SCO case seems rock solid :P Groklaw of course has excellent coverage and discussion of the case.

This is so silly it leaves me speechless. What can you say to something like this? Who are you? Where the hell did you get a lawyer willing to file a case like this? Who came up with this? Is this a publicity stunt? What are you people smoking there in France?

I think I will go and bang my head against the wall now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home