Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sudoku

Sudoku pisses me off!

Why do people like this game? I can never understand this. Maybe it's me but I just don't see how you can get so addicted to it. Sure it's fun the first 3 or 5 times. It's a logic game - you feel really smart after you finish one of these. It is still mildly entertaining when you played it 15-20 times. But if you still find endless joy counting up numbers in rows, squares and columns 2 weeks after you are either a masochist or you have a freakishly long attention span.

I just find this game dull and boring. Every time I pick one of these up I feel this strange urge to SMASH, KILL, OBLITERATE something! It usually goes away immediately after I put the sudoku down...

I don't know... Maybe it has something to do with the trauma of implementing K-Maps using the cubical representation as an undergad :P I still remember debugging Ben's code. He had no comments and ALL the variables had completely random single character names like a, b or x.

Sigh... I just use this to solve them nowdays :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home