Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Sunday, July 17, 2005

East Fork sucks!

I just read the East Fork article, and got chills running down my spine. Intel seems to be rolling out a DRM heavy media platform, which will only support Microsoft DRM. *shudder*

This whole East Fork scheme is a failure from the start. It brings nothing positive to the table, costs you money, and rights. If you want to use Linux to view your legitimately purchased media, you will be a criminal. In fact, if you want to take your legitimately bought media with you on a road trip and don't feel the need to pay again for it - fair use, remember - you are also a criminal.

This is definitely not good news. I really hope this thing will fall on it's face and die. It seems that they have a $300 million advertising campaign for this. You will see me blogging about this more once I see the first commercials.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home