Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Thursday, July 28, 2005

McAfee Chat Bots

I had an issue today with a McAfee product. So I got into one of their tech support chatrooms. I didn't really feel like calling their $2 per minute helpline. Shortly after the conversation started I have realized that I'm talking to a machine. What tipped me off? Maybe it was when he said:

I will be very happy to help you with ActiveX is not enabled and/or blocked

This was right after I told him that I have ActiveX enabled, and IE is on lowest security level imaginable. This guy sounded so much like ELIZA that it was not even funny. Live technical support my ass! Why wont they just tell us that they will connect us to a bot that will go through the standard troubleshooting routine with us? This way there are no nasty surprises when the "technician" suddenly fails the Turring test :P


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home