Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Monday, July 11, 2005

Yes, I have to see "The Island"

I can't say I'm a big fan of Scarlett Johanson. I guess I never really paid much attention to her. But she definitely looks hot in the trailers for the Island. Come on, look at the pic and tell me that she does not look cute there. This is definitely the next movie on my list :)

Actually the premise of that movie seems kindof intriguing. However, after watching the HBO "making of" I'm now convinced that there is not much more story there, than the bits already revealed by the trailers. The rest of the movie apparently is a non stop action sequence. Which means, that despite having a more or less brilliant concept, this movie will probably be just another plot-less popcorn flick redeemed only by a cute female lead, and mucho entertaining explosions / combat sequences.

Btw - what is with these trailers lately? They just give away the most significant plot twist in the movie. There's probably not much more mystery in this movie, so why not keep the viewers in the dark at least a little bit? I mean, I would love to be able to watch this movie thinking that they are some kind of survivors in an underground colony, and be surprised when they find out they are spare parts... Sigh... Oh, well - I guess the main audience drawing aspect of this movie is not supposed to be the story but action scenes...

Here's a gallery of nice The Island Scarlett screen shots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home