Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Statistical probability of finding the right girl

This guy has done all the math so that we don't have to. Crap. It doesn't look all that good:

It is here, at a pool of 18 726 acceptable females, that we end our statistical analysis. At first glance, a datable population of 18 726 may not seem like such a low number, but consider this: assuming I were to go on a blind date with a new girl about my age every week, I would have to date for 3493 weeks before I found one of the 18 726. That's very nearly 67 years. As a North American male born in the late 1970s, my life expectancy is probably little more than 70 years, so we can safely say that I will be quite dead before I find the proverbial girl of my dreams. Come to think of it, she'll probably be dead too.

But still, it beats the chances of buying a winning lottery ticket. And I guess that's something. Cause I never won shit on the lottery...

BTW, I know that this thing is ancient, but someone just posted it on meta yesterday , and I found it really amusing. Especially the letter he got from some grammatically challenged woman - it is priceless!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home