Terminally Incoherent

Utterly random, incoherent and disjointed rants and ramblings...

Monday, October 10, 2005

Google Lobbyists?

I love google to death, but every time some big corporation sends a lobbyist to washington I get chills running down my spine. Now that Google has it's own lobbyist in DC, is it time to start being affraid of them?

On one hand, I can see certain benefits to this. Recently every single time I read about new copyright craziness, someone makes a comment that bassically goes like this: "if you think about it, this new law would practically make $search_engine illegal because..." I guess now we don't really have to worry about things like that because there will be a guy in DC ready to defend the rights of Google and by extension other search engines.

On the other hand, there is nothing worse than a mega-corp getting into politics. Nothing good can come out of this... Look how much trouble are the RIAA and MPAA lobbyists causing? How about Microsoft? Google didn't show ous it's evil side yet, but there is no guarantee that it will stay evil-free forever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home